Supported Versions and Compatibility
This article explains how different versions of GoodData.UI go through the life cycle phases and what level of support you can expect when using a specific version.
As a general recommendation, we encourage you to always use the latest available version of GoodData.UI to make the user experience with integrating GoodData.UI as smooth and secure as possible and to ensure that GoodData.UI always uses the latest features of the GoodData platform.
Life cycle phases
Each version of GoodData.UI goes through the following phases:
General Availability (GA)
- When it starts: When a major version is publicly released. To get notified about a new version, subscribe to the Release Notes.
- What it means: A version in GA is going through active development, receives all new features and bug fixes, which are applied on top of the last minor version.
- When it starts: When a newer major version is publicly released.
- What it means: A version in EOD receives only security fixes (unless they can be resolved by a SemVer-compatible upgrade) and fixes for critical issues. Only production dependencies receive the security fixes. These fixes are applied on top of the last minor version. No new features are added.
- When it starts: The date is defined by GoodData.
- What it means: A version in EOS receives neither new features nor bug fixes. No technical support is provided. Although the version is still available on NPM, we do not recommend that you use it.
Status of GoodData.UI versions
The following table provides the lifecycle phases of GoodData.UI versions:
|Major Version||Status||GA||EOD||EOS||Last Minor Version|
|8||Generally available||October 8, 2020||Not yet defined||Not yet defined||8.12|
|7||End-of-Support||May 21, 2019||October 8, 2020||March 31, 2022||7.9|
|6||End-of-Support||November 1, 2018||May 21, 2019||October 8, 2020||6.3|
Migration from v7 to v8
Here are a few articles useful for v7 to v8 migration:
Compatibility with GoodData Cloud
The first version of GoodData.UI compatible with GoodData Cloud is 8.10.0, previous versions are not compatible with GoodData Cloud.
Compatibility with GoodData.CN
The following table shows compatibility between GoodData.UI and GoodData.CN.
The versions of GoodData.UI older than 8.3.0 are not compatible with GoodData.CN.
GoodData.UI is compatible with:
- React >=16.8.0 <18.0.0, Angular 9+
- TypeScript >=4.0.2, ES6, ES5
- Node ^16.16.0 LTS
- Officially supported browsers
NOTE: Server-side rendering is not supported.
Internet Explorer and mandatory polyfills
To run a GoodData.UI application in Internet Explorer 11, you must have the ES6 polyfill. For more information, see the compatibility table and the instructions here.
If you are using Babel, you can use the Babel polyfill in your index to specifically include only the needed polyfill code.
CSS variable polyfill
Because Internet Explorer 11 does not support CSS variables, add one of the polyfills to avoid styling issues. We do not recommend any specific polyfill, because you may approach this situation differently (for example, transform variables to static values at build time vs. generate and append CSS classes at runtime). Each approach has certain limitations, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
Geo pushpin charts
Starting with GoodData.UI Version 8.8, geo pushpin charts are not supported in Internet Explorer 11.